"Crocktober" crockpot recipe challenge is off to a bang
We are almost halfway through Crocktober where I've been diving into some fun and delicious topics in my private Facebook Group this month. I've been posting healthy soups, stews, and other crockpot recipes every day, and I will continue to share these super easy meal ideas for the rest of October so you are stocked and ready for the upcoming colder months.
You can still join us in my Facebook Group for Crocktober and beyond.
Here are a few of my favs that we’ve been drooling over so far.
TURKEY CHILI CROCKPOT RECIPE
· 1 pound ground turkey
· 1 15 oz can black beans (drained first)
· 1 15 oz can kidney beans (drained first)
· 1 15 oz can corn (or ½ can if you prefer) (drained first)
· 2 15 oz cans diced tomatoes (I like the spicy kind) – do NOT drain
· 1 6 oz can tomato paste
· 1 bell pepper
· 1 onion
· Chopped garlic – 2 cloves or more if you prefer
· Chili powder – generous amounts.
· Garlic powder
· Cinnamon – just a pinch
· (optional) – chopped carrots, chopped zucchini, chickpeas
· (optional toppings) – can top with shredded cheddar, sliced avocado, plain Greek yogurt, chopped scallions, hot sauce
· Spice the ground turkey with spices (a little shake here and there)
· Lightly sautee ground turkey, but don’t cook thru (the rest will cook in crockpot). Use spatula or spoon to prevent clumping
· Chop pepper and onion
· Add slightly cooked turkey, pepper, onion, all canned ingredients and re-add all spices to crockpot (a little shake of each again, except for chili powder where I add a few shakes)
Cook on low for about 4-5 hours or high for 3 hours or until turkey is fully cooked and all ingredients are blended nicely. Taste test to add more spices if needed
FRITTATA CROCKPOT RECIPE
• 1 cup leafy greens of choice
• 1/2 cup broccoli, chopped
• 1/2 cup bell pepper, chopped
• 1/2 cup onion, diced
• 1/4 cup mushroom, diced
• 8-10 eggs, beaten
• 1 tsp black pepper
· Combine all ingredients in a well-greased crockpot.
· Cook on low for approximately 2 hours, or until frittata is cooked through.
MINESTRONE SOUP CROCKPOT RECIPE
• 1 large can diced tomatoes
• 4 cups veggie stock
• 1 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
• 1 onion, chopped
• 2 cups green beans, chopped
• 5 cloves garlic, diced
• 1 cup mushrooms, diced
• 3 stalks celery, chopped
• 3 carrots, chopped
• 1 tablespoon fresh basil
• 2 cups pasta
· Add all ingredients, except pasta, to slow cooker
· Cook on high for 2 hours.
· Adjust heat to low when needed, and simmer veggies to desired tenderness.
· Add uncooked pasta 20-30 minutes before you are ready to serve.
October is not only special because of CROCKTOBER, Halloween, the Jewish New Year, everything pumpkin, but it’s also my birthday month, so….
Now thru October 19th, I'm offering a huge BIRTHDAY GIFT TO YOU!
30% off both private coaching and group programs!
If you are stuck with stubborn belly fat and want to finally feel sexier and lighter
If you feel chronically stressed and you’re ready to change and live a relaxed, more present life
If you never make the time to focus on you and you want to learn how to create more time for self care
If you have trouble sticking to plans on your own and you need accountability, guidance and a personal mentor for your health & wellness journey
If you are looking for easy and healthy meal plans, recipes, and guidance on cleaner eating
If you are DONE with your status quo and need to make a change now